Terry Pratchet signing

What's going on with this site

Moderators: Findtherma, Lars Gimletscousin

Terry Pratchet signing

Postby Magrat _Lancre » August 23rd, 2005, 10:40 am

TERRY PRATCHETT - THUD

Saturday 22nd October 1 - 2pm

Koom Valley? That was where the trolls ambushed the dwarfs, or the trolls ambushed the dwarfs. It was far away. It was a long time ago. But if he doesn't solve the murder of just one dwarf, Commander Sam Vimes of Ankh-Morpork City Watch is going to see it fought again, right outside his office.

With his beloved Watch crumbling around him and war-drums sounding, he must unravel every clue, outwit every assassin and brave any darkness to find the solution. And darkness is following him. Oh...and at six o'clock every day, without fall, with no excuses, he must go home to read 'Where's My Cow?', with all the right farmyard noises, to his little boy. There are some things you have to do.

At179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8JR or call the Megastore on 020 7240 3666.

For more information, please visit here
Magrat _Lancre
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby Magrat _Lancre » October 19th, 2005, 3:47 pm

Sadly Mr Pratchett has had to cancell. The silly lad has gone and caught a bug.
< Insert your own entomology joke here>

There is no date set for his next signing, but he will be doing one.
Magrat _Lancre
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby Greebo 61 » October 20th, 2005, 9:20 am

Let's hope he takes it easy for a while and recovers properly.
Greebo 61
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby andara » October 20th, 2005, 1:39 pm

Hi,
Went along to the signing in Belfast yesterday, but unfortunatley it had to be cancelled because of Mr Pratchett's illness. However, when I asked in the shop they told me that he had been rushed into hospital with chest pains. I was just wondering if anyone had anymore news on the subject? I realise that people are saying he has a virus, but from what they (the people in the shop) told me, I was under the impression that it was something entirely more sinister...?
Here's hoping I am completely wrong...

Andara
Chaos is found in greatest abundance where order is sought. It always defeats order because it is better organised
andara
Recruit
Recruit

Postby JAK » October 28th, 2005, 6:48 pm

Hi

This is from Discworld Monthly hope they don't mind me copying it

"It appears that Transworld were a bit uncertain about the reason for Terry's recent signing tour cancellation. Had it been a virus, I suspect Terry would have struggled on, but he had an apparent angina attack on Wednesday morning, and was two days in hospital in Dublin for observation and an angiogram before being allowed out to return home on Friday.

Rob Wilkins (Terry's PA) was dispatched on Friday to bring Terry home, and just managed to get him back in time to celebrate Terry's wife Lyn's birthday. "

I don't know how serious an angina attack can be but as he was only in for two days hopefully its not.

Get well soon Mr P.
JAK
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Magrat _Lancre » July 18th, 2007, 12:08 am

Terry will be signing copies of his new book Making Money at forbidden plant london on the 13th oct 1-2 pm.
Magrat _Lancre
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby Magrat _Lancre » October 11th, 2007, 10:39 pm

So is anyone going to this?
Magrat _Lancre
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby biscuit » October 12th, 2007, 8:36 am

Unfortunately not as I live in the Midlands and have a million and one things to do tomorrow before THE RUGBY starts!!!!!!! Go England!!!!

I was lucky enough to catch a book signing of Terry's a few years ago in Worcester which I think was promoting the Nanny Ogg Cookery Book, although I was very cheeky and took a couple of my other ones along as well (first ever book signing so wasn't aware of the etiquette!)
A wise woman once said "Pedantic is just another word for precise and careful"

Another wise woman invented Hangdwarf and the now immortalised phrase 'Friday 13th. Ooopsie.' :)
biscuit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to News