Emergency one word story - a summary so far...

This forum is for playing various games on the messageboards.

Moderators: Spirit, Findtherma, Lars Gimletscousin

Emergency one word story - a summary so far...

Postby biscuit » August 25th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Having tried to convince you (and myself) that our one word story was making lots of sense I have very selflessly decided to summarise the story so far, and rather than have this glorious effort lost within the thread itself I thought it better to have a seperate summary section!

Pages 1 - 12 (and a bit of 13 to get to the end of a sentence!)

many different folks were contributing at this point, where interesting debates / arguments broke out I have included them as a warning to anyone else of the follies of not taking this sort of thing seriously...! I've also tried to stick to spellings as posted to add to the flavour of the piece

Atuin crawled over awe-inspiring voids seeking for answers to all his consuming fan-mail questions that were taking extremely large amounts of cash to write intelligible replys.

According to what Gandalf suggested, according to scrolls hidden deep down squirmed unmentionable greenish bananas previously inclined to differ from several tomatoes which floated lazily in the amazingly spacious swimming pool owned by the greedy firefly called Skippy the Bumbling womble.

This provoked several bizarre incidents involving Bagpuss and some worse smelling teddybears which police attemped breifly and carelessly twirled him against four elephant of the prestigious but undermined him because nobody could face west indian cricket team with the turmultuous magical luxurious swimming flowerbed over an extremely nasty dark hedgehog that poked the passing witch who expanded hugely coloured wallpaper....
[there then followed a fairly long "discussion" about the purpose of this thread, and whether or not it should loosly make sense, with Pretty Blossom chipping in to point out that is wasn't the word diassociation game, including a few more random words before setting back down into some sort of conherance!] with Serpent dj played with bananas while jumping up and down as well as hugging The pillow While mumbling whilse [again, another discussion over whether or not "whilse" should be "whistling" or "while", and where KronKron proved their excellent grasp of English by pointing out that another "while" was unnecessary as it was "already part of the clause".. anyway, one we go towards the end of another sentence..] jumped towards the chimera to slit open its bag.

Out of it came a greeny disgusting humpalump [another debate about whether a humpalump was a real thing, a made up person or a made up monster - and the answer is {drum roll please} a monster] which blew into the lava-filled box which was full of Soup.

Pages 13 - 24 to follow... I can't wait to see where this wonderful tale takes us next!
Last edited by biscuit on August 26th, 2009, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A wise woman once said "Pedantic is just another word for precise and careful"

Another wise woman invented Hangdwarf and the now immortalised phrase 'Friday 13th. Ooopsie.' :)
biscuit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Emergency one word story - a summary so far...

Postby cheery_littlebottom » August 25th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Skippy the Bumbling womble? Image

Oh, and you're a true hero. Image
(>°.°)> <(°.°<) << possibly hamsters

Now proud owner of the explanation: "Scottish for Late"
cheery_littlebottom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby biscuit » August 26th, 2009, 4:43 pm

pages 13 - 28

Ahem.

Meanwhile David was really paranoid about penguins being Shemales. He couldn't see what could bring about change in his underpants.

He then arranged a personal meeting with granny so after the meal of dumplings he washed down lime
{here followed a bit more od a debate about this not being a disassociation thread, and things making sense]minerals {more debate about what on Earth / Disc lime minerals are, and why David would be washing them down rather than, say, Pepsi] with bits of human flesh. yet more general grumbling, with Pretty Blossom blaming KronKron, KronKron blaming Lil Tooth Fairy, and NorkNork being diplomatic

So the stupid creature went down to amarillo to talk through the information supplied by Mr blob concerning the development that promised they would decrease in payment over second term.

The flowery hippo pranced about between two bushes that stood next to a gigantic tower imprisoning five knights of the elephants of season.

Meanwhile, inside the heart of a rhinoceros, and the head of a chimpanzee that was very aware that several giant giants were heading towards spice and pepper farms.

In last years the episode number 10 of the show "The Funny sisters" wasn't really very interesting.

Therefore, blobby things are interested only in suspection about wheather changes imediatly or not.

Essentially good people sit eating there all day bread sticks with Jam and custard.

Meanwhile, Leza
a new character! was on the plane to an interesting meeting about muppets and the reason she was desperate to marry his favourite councillor who was engineered by a bunch of insane men who fought bananas, with jellyfish, meranues and smokes a lot. of course and liked eating old boots with mustard and chilli beans. again, general frustration at the lack of logic then followed, withour own dear Cheery joining in to point out that certain people didn't pay attention to full stops!

pages 25 onwards to follow tomorrow dear readers, I can't wait to see what David will do about his underpants, or whethe Leza's romanitc asperations will be met!

Another wise woman invented Hangdwarf and the now immortalised phrase 'Friday 13th. Ooopsie.' :)
biscuit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby cheery_littlebottom » August 26th, 2009, 6:30 pm

I almost can't stand the excitement. I'll have to lie down with a lavender scented hankie over my face.

cheery_littlebottom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby biscuit » August 27th, 2009, 4:22 pm

I hope you're well rested Cheery because here is the next installment (28 - 40)

Part way through this (see if you can spot where) Lil Tooth Fairy's random thought generator got a bit over excited again, resulting in this neat summary of the aim of this game from NorkNork

@ Toothfairy: Yes, as has been said before, this is not word disassociation or randomness. The goal of this game is to create a sentence that can be read by a sentient being - preferably a sentence that is funny. In order to be read by a sentient being that speaks english, the sentence is required to be grammatically correct. Please keep this in mind as I don't want to tell you again and again.

Rincewind was running backwards to The University of Bhangbhangduc which exploded. This caused a nearby sanddune to jump up and spread its legs, and fainted on a dangerous custard filled with fleas and jammy spoons, traverty as well as transvestites that wore pink sequinned underpants., skimpy skirts and frilled ankle-boots with Hidden pockets.

Of course, Yellow sounds bounce like peanuts. Starting gargantuan landslides is extremely difficult, especially when you are unusually not Hungry. However, regarding frogs with dry throats, they ran into rooms and screamed arse!!

Meanwhile, in Al-Khali someone poked an ant and continually farting, jumped into the pool of stagnant milk that could destroy colonies of extraterrestrial germs that often eat human waste bins.

Yesterday all my jellyfish wobbled around frantically because every cupcake has seven hairbrushed chinchilla, bob that steamed. Raspberried taste balloon that somehow fly foolishly to forbidden worlds without end. Finally, evil creatures maskerading as lampposts eat butterflies because specific factors calculated that toast with jelly could cause instant emotions that might evolve into suprisingly big tuemulous horse meat.

Slightly strange end there, lets see what tomorrows summary will bring!
Last edited by biscuit on August 28th, 2009, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

biscuit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby cheery_littlebottom » August 27th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Where did Leza and David disappear to? :shock:

I like
Of course, Yellow sounds bounce like peanuts.

That's practically Zen. :mrgreen:

cheery_littlebottom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby biscuit » August 28th, 2009, 10:41 am

Haha! That was the section that got Lil Tooth Fairy told off by the other posters. The truly zen like insight is obviously easier to appreciate in hindsight!

Still no sign of Leza and David, but we do get a couple more new charectors, as well as a bit of botany in the next chunk..

40 - 53

Sadly, Mr Green forgot his grapes resulting in tremendous drops of temperature because it decreased dramatically. In mysterious places, god-like tortoises crawled under the blazing clouds.

So Pies taste like rotten kiwis and luminous apples, but potatoes are tasteless buggers. Every single thing in Klopstokia smells like roses but only roses smell like lavender because Vomit cannot smell very well. Tulips and Tigerlillies aboard the elegant ship drifting rimwards on forever without arms or heads, but plenty of noses hand-picked by experts who believed in clean but deadly cucumbers without mustard.

Suddenly, without flowery warning Batman flew under the Joker's left leg while receiving a thump across the lughole from beyond. People frantically tried escaping the deserted plains of Didcott, but Mr Blobby returned to squat disgusingly over concerned guardsman named Washpot Mcphearson moved from Waterloo station towards London.

Deafening penguins ran over broadway and suddenly screeched "quack" before people dispersed them. The someone projected an enormous elephant onto a passing frightened ant, who had acne on it's hairy trunk. The little ant climbed over humongous piles of peanuts when suddenly, from Glasgow, the freemasons jumped on tigers "BIGODS", cried Wolf, who was typing swearwords into Hello!

I must admit to adding a few capital letters, and a little comma into the above to make it a little smoother. I shall claim artistic licence!

biscuit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Board Games