Mac's back

This is a place to discuss music, of all types, genres , styles and tastes.

Moderators: Findtherma, Lars Gimletscousin, NorkNork

Mac's back

Postby Chris Mac » April 26th, 2006, 7:38 pm

Hiya all, I know I've been away for a while, to the point where nearly all my posts have vanished, and I appologise heartily, but I have an excuse. I have been really, really, really busy. And this is why. I've spend a huge ammount of time trying to fulfill a dream and record an album.

Now I don't want to be accused of spamming or anything, which is why I'm puting this in the music section rather than anywhere else, coz at the end of the day, it's also a musical preference of mine. But if anyone is interested to hear what I've been up to whist I've been away you can hear some of my songs at:

http://www.myspace.com/chrismacalister

See I'm not even asking for any money!

If you do have a moment though, I'd really appreciate it if anyone could find a moment to have a listen. I'm going to try my best to not get dragged away for so long in the the future, I'd forgotten how much I get hooked this site once I'm in it, and it's really nice to be reading threads from people who I've not seen posts from in a while. Anyway, enough of my blathering. But please post any reactions you have here and I will get back to read them.

Cheers all.
Smile in the face of death!
Chris Mac
Lance-Corporal
Lance-Corporal

Postby jordcluff » April 26th, 2006, 8:49 pm

hey! not sure if i remember last time you was here or if i was even here at all, but much welcomes back. i'll get on yourspace immediate mon!
Tucker's Law: If some c**t can f**k something up, that c**t will take the worst f**king time to f**k it up because that c**t's a c**t.
jordcluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Chris Mac » May 9th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Oh, no, you were definately here when I was knocking around last. It's nice too see I've been missed :cry: No don't worry, you get used to it when you're a nomad like myself. It just turns out that I'm a bit of a nomad on line now as well. But I'm gonna do my best to keep coming back here this time.
Chris Mac
Lance-Corporal
Lance-Corporal

Postby NorkNork » May 9th, 2006, 9:22 pm

I remember you, and I did miss you along with all the other regulars!
NorkNork
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby Spirit » May 10th, 2006, 6:34 am

I just added you :)
Beat me, whip me, call me fluffy--AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
Spirit
Captain
Captain

Postby jordcluff » May 11th, 2006, 1:30 pm

just added.
Tucker's Law: If some c**t can f**k something up, that c**t will take the worst f**king time to f**k it up because that c**t's a c**t.
jordcluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby sam_vimes » May 19th, 2006, 10:16 am

my college blocks myspace.........................

BAS***DS
When you can see the colour of their panties, you know you've got talent.
sam_vimes
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Alephcat » July 16th, 2006, 12:35 am

we have just had to as before we did it used over half of our bandwith when the students were in.
"I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side"
Alephcat
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Chris Mac » July 27th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Thanks for the responces everyone, it's always nice to recieve the encouragement. I hope that by adding me you're in some way saying that you like the songs.

Last night we just put some drums down on a new track called Charity which was written especially for the album (unlike the other songs which I've been gradually churning out over the last decade). I'm really looking forward to getting some more real drums laid down. The tracks on the myspace site have programed drums on. They still sound fantastic, they just lack a little bit of that natural feel to them which we really got last night.

Having said that, I'm not a stickler for all things natural. My biggest love is proper live music, but I'm really into playing around with messed up digital stuff as well, that's what me and my mate JP are playing with at the moment. We've got this thing called The Black Bag Project (which you can find on my friends list on my myspace page) where we play around with all this kind of stuff, as well as combining it with my guitar and JP's keyboard and what not. We coming up with some really interesting stuff and I just loving having all that freedom to jst play around with whatever we feel like.
Chris Mac
Lance-Corporal
Lance-Corporal

Return to Music Room