F.A.O NorkNork

This is a place to discuss music, of all types, genres , styles and tastes.

Moderators: Findtherma, Lars Gimletscousin, NorkNork

F.A.O NorkNork

Postby Crimson Dave » October 6th, 2005, 4:37 pm

Wow, you've decided to close threads? but of all the threads to lock why that one? If I remmber correctly (and I do) I started the thread "Album/Artist/Song" before the big crash and Spirit re-started it, but the idea of that thread was to post you're favourite Album/Artist/Song of the week not, what are you currently listening to, so why lock it?
mini.flea wrote:I have trouble distinguishing names sometimes and for a minute there I thought you were putting up Kate Moss' entire musical history.
Then I thought, 'how absurd' and went back to eating my noodles.
User avatar
Crimson Dave
On probation for misbehaviour
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Postby NorkNork » October 7th, 2005, 1:35 am

Actually I used the thread for exactly that - what I'm listening to at this exact moment, or have listened to last. I don't know what other people used it for, but that was definitely my interpretation of the thread.

OK, this goes out to everyone: In the Band/Album/Song thread, post either what you're listening to right now, or what you've last listened to, or your weekly recommendation!
User avatar
NorkNork
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms
 
Posts: 7211
Joined: April 26th, 2003, 5:25 pm
Location: Berlin, West Norkshire

Postby The Lemon King » October 7th, 2005, 8:28 am

WHAT THE HELL!!!

Crims started the thread, gave out the instructions, but you changed it, and then locked it because there already "is" one (assuming your interpretation)?!

something seriously wrong there lad!
Image
Alephcat wrote:no idea, I have never had a TV so...

Some knob wrote:just out of interest, why are you quoting me in your .sig The Lemon King?
User avatar
The Lemon King
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 544
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Deathland, Wales

Postby NorkNork » October 7th, 2005, 1:51 pm

Why, pray?

We don't need two threads with the same function, do we?
User avatar
NorkNork
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms
 
Posts: 7211
Joined: April 26th, 2003, 5:25 pm
Location: Berlin, West Norkshire

Postby The Lemon King » October 7th, 2005, 4:39 pm

exactly, so why change it to that function? :?
Image
Alephcat wrote:no idea, I have never had a TV so...

Some knob wrote:just out of interest, why are you quoting me in your .sig The Lemon King?
User avatar
The Lemon King
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 544
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Deathland, Wales

Postby Crimson Dave » October 7th, 2005, 4:43 pm

I think you've both missed the point:

Fact is , I created "Album/Artist/Song" as a "post your favourite Album/Artist/Song of the week" but you (Nork) decided (for some reason) to post "what you're listening to" so fact is, you're (wrong) assumption of a thread has led you to lock another thread, for no reason other than your own mistake, so please correct this fault by un-locking the "What're you listening to" thread, cheers.
mini.flea wrote:I have trouble distinguishing names sometimes and for a minute there I thought you were putting up Kate Moss' entire musical history.
Then I thought, 'how absurd' and went back to eating my noodles.
User avatar
Crimson Dave
On probation for misbehaviour
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Postby The Lemon King » October 7th, 2005, 4:45 pm

Oh

well I wasn't paying much attention anyway so bye :?
Image
Alephcat wrote:no idea, I have never had a TV so...

Some knob wrote:just out of interest, why are you quoting me in your .sig The Lemon King?
User avatar
The Lemon King
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 544
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Deathland, Wales

Postby Villanelle » October 7th, 2005, 7:14 pm

Erm, sorry about this, I had no Idea what band/album/song was for. I thought the " what are you listning to right now" thread was a good idea. I'm not quite sure where I stand now... :|
User avatar
Villanelle
Lance-Constable
Lance-Constable
 
Posts: 56
Joined: October 2nd, 2005, 1:28 pm
Location: Over there------>

Postby The Lemon King » October 7th, 2005, 7:21 pm

weeell....maybe the "what am I listening to right now" thread is a bit old cause

1) msn messenger already has this feature, and so it has lost it's buzz
2) by the time you write what you are listening to you might be listening to something else
Image
Alephcat wrote:no idea, I have never had a TV so...

Some knob wrote:just out of interest, why are you quoting me in your .sig The Lemon King?
User avatar
The Lemon King
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 544
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Deathland, Wales

Postby Villanelle » October 7th, 2005, 8:40 pm

2 damn good points..
User avatar
Villanelle
Lance-Constable
Lance-Constable
 
Posts: 56
Joined: October 2nd, 2005, 1:28 pm
Location: Over there------>

Postby Crimson Dave » October 7th, 2005, 9:30 pm

Villanelle wrote:2 damn good points..


don't let him bully you into agreement, fact is both threads were different and NorkNork made a mistake.
mini.flea wrote:I have trouble distinguishing names sometimes and for a minute there I thought you were putting up Kate Moss' entire musical history.
Then I thought, 'how absurd' and went back to eating my noodles.
User avatar
Crimson Dave
On probation for misbehaviour
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Postby Villanelle » October 8th, 2005, 9:24 am

I said they were good points, I wasnt agreeing.

1. On band/ album/ song, you can't say you're listning to the news on the radio, or to the damn buliders next door.
2. I hardly ever use msn, and the music player I use on my computer doesn't seem to be compatible.
3. If your already listning to something else, you're a damn slow typer!

Woo! Three reasons! You're out! lol
User avatar
Villanelle
Lance-Constable
Lance-Constable
 
Posts: 56
Joined: October 2nd, 2005, 1:28 pm
Location: Over there------>

Postby NorkNork » October 9th, 2005, 2:06 pm

OK, I see your point, and the other thread has been unlocked. However, I beg you to see my point - I have always used the Band/Album/Song thread to post what I was listening to at that very moment, and I do believe I am not the only one who did this, as can be seen by members posting more than three times in one hour, so they can't have posted their favorite of the week.

Use the Band/Album/Song thread as you like - for weekly recommendations or for current listening - no-one's going to visit you and check whether you lied :wink:

Jake
User avatar
NorkNork
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms
 
Posts: 7211
Joined: April 26th, 2003, 5:25 pm
Location: Berlin, West Norkshire

Postby Crimson Dave » October 9th, 2005, 4:30 pm

NorkNork wrote:
Use the Band/Album/Song thread as you like - for weekly recommendations or for current listening - no-one's going to visit you and check whether you lied :wink:

Jake


I might *shifty eyes*
mini.flea wrote:I have trouble distinguishing names sometimes and for a minute there I thought you were putting up Kate Moss' entire musical history.
Then I thought, 'how absurd' and went back to eating my noodles.
User avatar
Crimson Dave
On probation for misbehaviour
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Postby Villanelle » October 10th, 2005, 4:01 pm

NorkNork wrote:OK, I see your point, and the other thread has been unlocked. However, I beg you to see my point - I have always used the Band/Album/Song thread to post what I was listening to at that very moment, and I do believe I am not the only one who did this, as can be seen by members posting more than three times in one hour, so they can't have posted their favorite of the week.

Use the Band/Album/Song thread as you like - for weekly recommendations or for current listening - no-one's going to visit you and check whether you lied :wink:

Jake


Thanks Nork Nork.Sorry for being such a pain in the neck.
User avatar
Villanelle
Lance-Constable
Lance-Constable
 
Posts: 56
Joined: October 2nd, 2005, 1:28 pm
Location: Over there------>


Return to Music Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron