Christmas presents

You can post stuff here that is completely unrelated to Terry Pratchett or The Discworld

Moderators: Findtherma, Lars Gimletscousin

Postby The_Bad_Man » December 25th, 2006, 11:20 am

Well it's 11:15, the presents are open, i've got a moment to myself while my Father joins some friends at the pub and all is good. I'm sat wearing my new bath robe, after 20mins of posing i've finally chosen a good location for my new dragon figurine and transfered the contents of my old wallet to my new one.

In the corner though is about 5 boxes of chocolates. All for my Dad annoyingly, going to have to speak to some of his friends and the rest of the family. However much i'm sure he appreciates it, but giving 5 boxes of chocolates to someone who has to take tablets for his cholestorol could be considered an assination attempt.

Overall though, a good start to crimbo. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of theres.
The_Bad_Man
Captain
Captain

Location: England, Rotherham near Sheffield in South yorkshire

Postby Errol » December 25th, 2006, 1:14 pm

All pressies are open here too, we've been playing Sally Sunflower, Funny Faces, Shark Attack, Wobbly Chef and having lots of fun, just taking a breather before my eldest has me playing on the ps2 we got her. Dinners nearly ready, having it early as were off to see family in the afternoon so it's the usal buffet at the mum in laws and yet more pressies for the kids.

. . . I read him his rites, whereupon, he said up, yours copper. Sgnt Detritus then, cautioned him, upon which he said, ouch . . .
Errol
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby Isil » December 25th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Errol wrote:[
Know what you mean about masses of pressies though i have two piles waiting to be opened that are taller than my girls, in fact they are nearly as tall as me lol.

lol =D Hope you have lots of room in the cupboards. We made some preparations before christmas by cleaning up the little monster's toy cupboard and taking some toys from their own boxes, squeezing them into same boxes with others and throwing their own boxes away, but I'm still in trouble with where to put the hoard of new toys.
"Silloin tuuli lumoavan soiton meren takaa toi, kun Muikkunen se kesän poukamassa musisoi..."
Isil
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Errol » December 26th, 2006, 7:53 am

Isil wrote:
Errol wrote:[
Know what you mean about masses of pressies though i have two piles waiting to be opened that are taller than my girls, in fact they are nearly as tall as me lol.

lol =D Hope you have lots of room in the cupboards. We made some preparations before christmas by cleaning up the little monster's toy cupboard and taking some toys from their own boxes, squeezing them into same boxes with others and throwing their own boxes away, but I'm still in trouble with where to put the hoard of new toys.

Yeah we've also had the annual toybox cleanout, throwing away broken toys, repacking things together ect ect although it didn't make much extra room to be honest.
Im thinking of trying those sturdy wooden drawers on castors that slide under the bed as we've had no luck with the plastic tower type storage. My daughters empty everything onto the floor and use the drawers as boats or cars and they end up getting broken. Typical that they find boxes more fun than the actual toys.
My dad did get the kids bedroom furniture for christmas - one of those cute canvas 3 piece sets with little pink hearts so that should help a little with the storage problem. Now if only I can just figure out how to add more storage in time for my eldests 6th birthday at the end of January. :roll:

. . . I read him his rites, whereupon, he said up, yours copper. Sgnt Detritus then, cautioned him, upon which he said, ouch . . .
Errol
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby Archaic Lobster » December 26th, 2006, 11:28 am

At the Newcastle arena? What type of electric guitar are you getting?

No, it was at Sheffield Arena. They were excellent (unlike Trivium, who supported them). Oh, and I got a Stagg guitar, as well as a 20W amp. It's black and silver.

Also for Christmas I got a Gormenghast DVD, a box of liquores and the Fratellis album.
A Lobster of Old.
Archaic Lobster
Lance-Corporal
Lance-Corporal

Postby not here right now » December 28th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Archaic Lobster wrote:No, it was at Sheffield Arena. They were excellent (unlike Trivium, who supported them). Oh, and I got a Stagg guitar, as well as a 20W amp. It's black and silver.

Also for Christmas I got a Gormenghast DVD, a box of liquores and the Fratellis album.

When I saw Maiden at the NEC, Trivium got stuff thrown at them, they then got a person kicked out, what wimps. Also, nice guitar.

EDIT: I have been playing my nintendo Wii for days now, and I believe that my arms are going to fall off.
He sees himself as the saviour of the world
His will is strong and he's feeling good
Ive known him since the first taste of beer
I will meet him many times in a year
not here right now
Constable
Constable

Postby Archaic Lobster » December 28th, 2006, 1:54 pm

Sheffield applauded them, I can't believe it. Mind you, I could imagine Newcastle crowds being that bit more...vitriolic.

And I want a Nintendo Wii.
A Lobster of Old.
Archaic Lobster
Lance-Corporal
Lance-Corporal

Postby not here right now » December 28th, 2006, 4:48 pm

Archaic Lobster wrote:Sheffield applauded them, I can't believe it. Mind you, I could imagine Newcastle crowds being that bit more...vitriolic.

And I want a Nintendo Wii.

The NEC is in Birmingham…also; I will sell you my Wii for 3 Internets!!!
not here right now
Constable
Constable

Postby Archaic Lobster » December 28th, 2006, 7:33 pm

Oh, I thought it was Newcastle. I can't see Birmingham crowds being vitriolic, somehow. No. :?

Speaking of 'Internets', did anyone hear about the American judge who thought the Internet was a system of tubes? He was in his eighties, or something, but still...
A Lobster of Old.
Archaic Lobster
Lance-Corporal
Lance-Corporal

Postby The_Bad_Man » December 28th, 2006, 7:50 pm

not here right now wrote:I will sell you my Wii for 3 Internets!!!

*Puzzeled expression*
The_Bad_Man
Captain
Captain

Location: England, Rotherham near Sheffield in South yorkshire

Postby NorkNork » December 30th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Archaic Lobster wrote:They were excellent (unlike Trivium, who supported them).

You don't like Trivium? I love that band, though the new album isn't that great in my opinion.

And no, I'm not one of those trend kiddies that follows the new Metalcore/Emo wave, I just think Trivium are excellent musicians who compose and play some fantastic music (at least on the first 2 albums).
NorkNork
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby not here right now » December 30th, 2006, 10:43 pm

The_Bad_Man wrote:
not here right now wrote:I will sell you my Wii for 3 Internets!!!

*Puzzeled expression*

It is a very bad joke I picked up from somewhere. (I also just realised I used it wrong)

NorkNork wrote:
You don't like Trivium? I love that band, though the new album isn't that great in my opinion.

And no, I'm not one of those trend kiddies that follows the new Metalcore/Emo wave, I just think Trivium are excellent musicians who compose and play some fantastic music (at least on the first 2 albums).

They are fantastic musicians but their lyrics and singing are not the best.
not here right now
Constable
Constable

Postby Applewoodtree » December 31st, 2006, 11:17 am

I got for Christmas, some cd's, planet earth dvd's, other dvd's and a printer for my laptop, and some books ('The Vesuvius Club' and 'The Devil in Amber')
Join Me (Not Me, but Danny) and make the world a better better place! It'll be fun! Join Me!!!

You look lovely today, by the way!
Applewoodtree
Sergeant-at-Arms
Sergeant-at-Arms

Previous

Return to General